September 20, 2011

Utah's Own: A little Taste of Utah

Stumble Twitter Digg This

Last week we took the kids to the State Fair.  I wasn't sure what to expect. Maybe I'm deprived, but I haven't been since I was a kid (or so my mother tells me) so I wasn't sure what to expect.  But, as you can see, we had a blast.  




While we were there, we checked out the Utah's Own: Taste of Utah event.  It was fabulous.  Dozens of Utah based businesses were there, sampling their products. We tried Sheep Cheese from Snowy Mountain Sheep Creamery. (Did you know that there was sheep cheese?  Cause I was unaware of that blessed fact!) We tried cold cuts from Birch Berry, soo good.  We had gluten free chocolate chip cookies from Love Muffins Bakery and amazing orange cranberry bread from Good Grains by Gregory's. 

We got taffy and cinnamon bears from Sweet's Candies.  (Did you know that you can take a free tour through the Sweet's factory in Salt Lake City?  What an awesome field trip that would make.)
But we didn't just get stuff to eat. We also met a few business owners who were selling soaps, lotions and other body products.  My daughter Eden was delighted when we found  Simply Eden: Bath and Body. They may have been my favorite as well, simply because of one little thing. 

This beautiful cake is not what it looks like.  In other words, not edible. It is in fact, soap.  It is cut into pieces, with the purpose of giving away each piece as a favor at a baby shower, wedding shower, etc.  I LOVE it.  It is so cute and clever, and it smelled fabulous.  

In short, I was enlightened and, well, stuffed by all the great food produced right here in Utah.  Thanks to Utah's Own for the great opportunity. If you are looking to buy local, check Utah's Own to find local businesses and brand's that you can support.  
Photobucket

0 upcyclers said: