November 22, 2011

The Best Parts of the Holidays!

Stumble Twitter Digg This


This post is sponsored by Tempur-Pedic, the brand millions of owners trust to deliver their best night’s sleep every night. Enjoy our Buy 2, get 1 free pillow offer now and give the gift of custom comfort to someone you love.
image source

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.  And I honestly couldn't pinpoint why.  I love the food. I love the smell.  I love walking down the sidewalk, crunching through leaves all the way. But I think what I love most, is being surrounded by family.  Every Thanksgiving, without fail, we have dinner with family. Sometimes it is my parents and sister. Sometimes it is all of my aunts and uncles.  Sometimes it is my husband's family.  It doesn't really matter what we eat, it just matters that we are all there together.

Growing up, we spent every Thanksgiving at my Grandparents.  They lived right around the block from us.  My sister and I practically grew up there, and that was the gathering place for every holiday, but Thanksgiving was the best.  Every year, my sister and I were the first ones there.  Grandma and Grandpa had a cozy house, and we set up a long table in the living room in order to fit everyone.  It was always my family, my aunt, uncle and cousins and my grandparents.

Grandma cooked the turkey and the mashed potatoes every year.  They were the best part of dinner.  Both grandparents have been gone now, for over a decade, and every Thanksgiving I try to channel Grandma, in the hopes that someday my turkey will turn out as good as hers always did.  But, you know, it isn't really about the turkey.  It's about bringing back the memories of standing over the stove with her, watching her stir the drippings to make gravy, or helping her set the table just the way she wanted it. This year, as I make the turkey, I hope to share some of those memories with my daughters, and with any luck, make some new ones.

Comfort is the perfect gift for everyone on your holiday gift list, so be sure to take advantage of Tempur-Pedic's Buy 2, get 1 free pillow offer! I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective.

0 upcyclers said: