April 30, 2012

Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil

Stumble Twitter Digg This
I discovered coconut oil a couple of years ago and it didn't take me long until I was sold.  I loved the smell, I didn't mind the taste, which is really saying something since I really don't like anything coconut.  I never have.  Until I made my chocolate chip cookies with half butter, half coconut oil.  Oh. My. Word.  So, so good.  My husband, lover of all things coconut was in absolute heaven.

So, I was super excited when Tropical Traditions asked me if I would like a sample of their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, I was thrilled.  I pulled it open and immediately put it in a batch of bread I was making.  It was beautiful. One of the great things about using coconut oil in bread is that the flavor isn't overwhelming, but it adds something that you can't find with anything else.

Another favorite use of Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is not for cooking.  Did you know that it makes a great lotion?  I love it.  I love the way it smells, I love the way it makes my skin feels. My son has pretty severe excema, and it seems like every lotion out there stings when it goes on.  He never complains when I use Coconut oil.  And for a mom, that is a big, big deal.

Tropical Traditions has also offered to give one of my readers a quart of their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.
To Enter:
Subscribe to the Tropical Traditions Newsletter, then leave me a comment and tell me that you did.

For Extra Entries:
*Follow Tropical Traditions on Twitter
*Like Tropical Traditions on Facebook
*Follow Tropical Traditions on Pinterest

Contest will close  Monday, May 7.  Good Luck!

Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.  
Photobucket

12 upcyclers said:

Charlene said...

Hubby bought some coconut oil a month or so ago, and I haven't know how to use it! So, hopefully by signing up for the newsletter (which I did) I'll be more informed!

charlsmith at comcast dot net

SpencernAmy said...

I love coconut! Somehow it never dawned on my to use coconut oil for anything. Is it in regular grocery stores? Thanks for letting me in on this treasure! Can't wait to get my newsletter...in fact, I'm not going to wait...heading back to the website now. : )
Thanks!

Vesper said...

TT subscriber - I have never used coconut oil for anything so i hope I win some

Talex said...

I subscribe to your newsletter.

Talex said...

I follow Tropical Traditions on twitter - Teralex4

Talex said...

I like Tropical Traditions on facebook - Theresa A.

naudii beautii said...

i subscribed via email
sexynaudia4u at yahoo dot com

naudii beautii said...

Follow Tropical Traditions on Twitter
as @naudii
sexynaudia4u at yahoo dot com

naudii beautii said...

Like Tropical Traditions on Facebook
as Tamira Hill
sexynaudia4u at yahoo dot com

naudii beautii said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
naudii beautii said...

Follow Tropical Traditions on Pinterest as naudii
sexynaudia4u at yahoo dot com

Valerie said...

I think we have something in common. I also love using virgin coconut oil however, mine is from a different brand. I use it mostly for everything. I apply it as a moisturizer for my skin, conditioner for my hair, a natural make-up remover and a lot more!