August 24, 2012

Kid Friendly Entertainment

Stumble Twitter Digg This

When was the last time you took your kids to the theatre to see a movie?  And I'm not talking about your teenagers, I'm talking about your toddlers.  Really, the question is this: when was the last time there was a movie in the theater worth taking your little kids too?  I know, I can't remember either.

All the movies that have come out in the past few years have been rated PG.  I'm actually pretty strict with what my kids see.  Maybe I'm a prude, I don't know, but I really don't think that little kids really need to be exposed to the violence that is in so many of the newer movies.  In fact, I have a little boy who is really easily frightened.  Anything even remotely harrowing and tense will send him running out of the room, so if there is even a risk that will be the case, I can't take him to the theater because there is no place to go.

Well, luckily, that doesn't have to be the case for much longer. I had the chance to preview The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure with my children. This movie was created with really young children in mind and is an entirely new movie going experience. The movie actually encourages the audience to get up and dance and sing along with the characters.  My three year old was in heaven.  Not having to sit still for and hour and a half?  Yes, please!  Even my 8 and 9 year old enjoyed it and they were dancing in the aisles by the end of the movie.

 This movie is rated G.  And in fact the producers of the movie went to the MPAA and requested a rating even milder than G. There is no violence, no evil, nothing inappropriate for little kids.  The MPAA did not comply, but the producers decided that at least on twitter, the Oogieloves would be #ratedGGG.  If you would like to support this movie and hopefully spur on the production of more like it, there are a few ways to do it.
Like the Oogieloves on Facebook.
Follow the Oogieloves on Twitter.
Buy tickets now on Fandango for the movie, which comes out Aug. 29.
(And if you don't see a theater near you, make some noise!  Tweet, Facebook and email the theater requesting it!)
Get a sneak peak at the songs at Itunes.
Check out the Oogieloves Parents Guide

Whatever your source, be a part of the movement to bring back child friendly entertainment to theaters. Lets give Hollywood a message!

Photobucket

0 upcyclers said: