August 13, 2012

The Odd Life of Timothy Green

Stumble Twitter Digg This

Last week I had the chance to see The Odd Life of Timothy Green.  I was not disappointed.   If you're not familiar with the premise, the film is about parents Jim and Cindy Green, who have just been informed that it will be impossible for them to ever have children.  A miracle occurs and Timothy appears on their doorstep by unorthodox means.  They fall in love with him, and learn all kinds of wonderful lessons.

I loved it. I was a little worried that I would bawl my eyes out the entire movie, which  I don't love. Don't get me wrong: I don't mind the occasional touching/sad parts of movies. But if the entire movie is like that, I just get a headache.  Luckily, while there were plenty of tear-jerking moments, there was enough humor to offset it and turn it into a delightful movie. Plus, Jennifer Garner is fantastic. I have loved her since her Alias days, and she is just as wonderful in this.

If your thinking about taking your kids, don't worry, there is nothing offensive to worry about. The only thing that you may want to consider is that younger children, maybe 5 and under would probably be pretty bored.  Our theater was full of children and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

The movie comes to theaters August 15. If you get the chance, check out The Odd Life of Timothy Green. You won't regret it.
Photobucket

0 upcyclers said: